The Government Of Latvia Plans To Increase Tax On Board Games And Slot Machines
Parliament latvia made a proposal to the budget of the country for 2020. It is planned to increase taxes on terrestrial gambling.
If the offer is accepted and the budget will enter into force, a fixed amount levied from each slot machine will increase from 4164 to 5172 euros. Together with this, the operators of roulette and board games will be required to make annual contribtions of 28,080 euros for each gaming table, whereas this year this amount was equal to 23,400 euros.
Also, the proposal indicates that 90% of the collected taxes will be sent to the country’s budget, the remaining 10% will be expelled to the regions in which these taxes were collected.
The draft budget does not provide for changes in tax liabilities for the online gambling market.
In the documents that have become part of the new law, the governments of latvia indicated that there are 8643 automatons in the country and 61 gaming table. In the event that their number remains unchanged, the increase in taxes will bring about 9 million euros to the treasury additionally. The government also notes that in the first six months of 2019, the overall revenue from the slot machines was 111.5 million euros (an average of 12,896 euros per device). Board games for the same period brought 8.1 million euros, or 132 164 euros from each table.
The budget made by the minister of finance janis reirs was present to the country before the country before seimas, the latvian parliament.
Recall, a resident of kyiv renat bogdanov won the bracelet on the european poker tournament.