Unlicensed Operators Still Work On The Territory Of Portugal

Home » Gambling News » Unlicensed Operators Still Work On The Territory Of Portugal
April 15, 2022
2 minutes

The head of the leading group on trading operations in the field of gambling of portugal called the authorities to block payments unlicensed operators after it was found that a significant part of users continues to play illegal sites.

Unlicensed operators still work on the territory of Portugal

The survey conducted by order of the portuguese association of ground and online gambling (apajo) showed that even after three years after the introduction of legal gambling online games, players continue to bet on both licensed and non-license resources of different operators.

Approximately 56% of players make rates on illegal sites, while 44% of the total visit resources licensed by regulatory regulatory authorityção e inspeção de jogos do turismo de portugal (srij). Among consumers who registered in the first half of this year, about 70% signed up only on platforms licensed.

Gabino oliveira, president apajo, supported the initiative to use licensed sites and stated that the authorities should take more stringent measures to combat unlicensed offshore operators. He also said that the data provided show the positive dynamics of the development of the licensed market. However, apajo believes that there is still a lot of work to combat illegal gambling in portugal.

To ensure greater control of gabino oliveira proposes to block payments that are carried out on illegal websites. According to him, at the moment it is a fairly popular measure in other countries. In portugal, it must be considered and implemented by the competent authorities.

Gabino Oliveira offers block payments

In the aximage sociological platform, more than 600 people registered with gambling sites were involved in the survey. About 94% of them played money in 2019. Based on their answers, it was found out that the reason why most prefers to make rates on licensed resources is high security.

The study showed that 42% of the registrations were committed until 2016 (the regulatory measures were introduced at that time), the remaining 58% of the registrations were completed after 2016. On average, 20% of customers have registered and have game accounts. At the same time, 52% of the sites used were licensed operators. According to the results given by aximage, 62.5% of players spend on legal gembling on average €50 per month.

In the middle of this year, portugal received more income than the entire 2018. Income for the first two quarters of 2019 amounted to €95.6 million, whereas the total amount for 2018 was equal to €78.9 million.

Recall, the parliament of greece approved the reform of the gembling industry.

    How do you rate Unlicensed Operators Still Work On The Territory Of Portugal ?

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *